A gas stove is a stove that is fueled by a gas cylinder. The gas cylinder is connected to the gas stove containing syngas, natural gas, propane, butane, and other gases. Gas stoves are used as a medium for cooking food in the kitchen. So every house has a gas stove. It has a top. The top may be of steel or glass. Both types of gas stoves have their pros and cons. Like steel one is easy to maintain as compared to the glass top. But the steel top loses its shine and is not scratch proof.
- The glass cooktop has its advantages. It is designed modernly for today’s kitchen. Even people prefer a glass top because of its beautiful and standard look. It is sleek with a designed and colorful glass cooktop.
- The glass used is a toughened glass top of the surface. It is easy to clean the gas stove and even scratch proof. Moreover, the glass doesn’t losses it’s shine over usages of years. Now many options are available in glass tops. As they are available quite expensive, they have much safer to use. It is also energy efficient.
- The glass cooktop has features like auto-ignition while the glass stove automatically adjusts its burner flame size according to the utensil. Hence prevents wastage of fuel energy. It also enhances the look of the kitchen overall with its modern look, sleek design and innovative features.
- The modern-looking Glass top has some cons as well. The glass top is of high maintenance because of its sleek and glass cooktop as compared to the raised gas stoves. It requires special care while handling as to prevent from scratches and other damages.
- As glass being a delicate material, even if used for any domestic use like utensils, the glass top is very prone to breakages. It needs handling with a delicacy like not putting any warm or hot pan or utensil on the top. The hot pan will damage the cold glass top and it will shatter. Also, a heavy or a sharp object cannot be placed.
- It is also prone to scratching. Some utensils have an iron base which are rough can damages the glass stop. The cooktop glass can also be scratched while sliding utensils. It will result in damaging its sleek, beautiful and modern look. Hence, it is not for rough and regressive usage as it can be damaged even while cleaning it.
Depending upon the needs and wants every household has its gas stoves. Nowadays, with the evolvement of everything gas stoves have also evolved. Their designs and uses have evolved accordingly. People generally prefer buying the gas stove with a glass top because of its smooth and beautiful looks as well as its qualities. Further, it has its advantages and disadvantages.